Crossing Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memory Loss?

2 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Memory Loss? - Page 3 Empty Re: Memory Loss?

Post  Julia Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:50 am

"I will not leave with you! I have to stay here and serve Master Makoto!" Yuuki said.

She reached into pouch and pulled out a fan. She flipped it open and threw it at Wolf. She jumped back a few feet from Wolf and let go a barrage of kunai at him.

"Good! That's good, Yuuki!" the Phantom said, appearing behind her. "You know I will reward you greatly if you kill him," he said.
Julia
Julia
Pro
Pro

http://www.myspace.com/bandgeekpenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  B-rad Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:05 am

Wolf evaded the fan by dodging to the left, then burst back to the right, spinning to avoid the kunai barrage, and almost not suceeeding. He then launched himself to her, and turned the fact that she didn't have her sword ready to his advantage and wraped her in his arms, then delivered a head-butt to her, attempting to knock her out.

Weather the blow lacked enough force, or if the mind controll was keeping her awake, it didn't matter, his attack had no effect, and all it did was draw blood from her head. All he could do was hold on tightly as she wriggled and squirmed. Just before she managed to break loose of his grasp, he swept his leg from underneath her own and tripped the two of them to the floor. He fell ontop of her, and before he knew it, their lips were locked.

He felt a strange pulse emmit from her body as it happened and her dull, lifeless eyes closed. She re-opened them slowly, as Wolf immediately removed his mouth from hers.
B-rad
B-rad
BrAdmin

https://crossingdreams.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:15 am

Her eyes weren't dull or lifeless anymore. They were back to their original color. But, she we looking up at him confused, like she didn't know who he was.

"Who are you?" she asked him.

The Phantom started to laugh.

"Even though you broke the mind control, she doesn't remember you! How does it feel?" he asked. "Well, guess we have to save this fight for another time. Yuuki, you will be mine."

He disappeared leaving Yuuki and Wolf alone.
Julia
Julia
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  B-rad Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:17 am

"Damn it!" Wolf yelled, standing up, "Don't run away!" he drew his pistols and started firing rounds at where the phantom was standing earlier in a rage. He emptied both magazines and after the clicking of the hammer to nothing could be heard a few times, he slowed to a stop with his trigger-fingers. "Give her back her memories!"

Yuuki stood behind him, slowly. She was completely oblivious as to what was going on, but could tell that she had forgotten something very important.
B-rad
B-rad
BrAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:00 pm

"What happened here?" Yuuki asked. "And why can't I remember anything?"

But, as the longer she looked at Wolf, the more she felt like she knew him.

"Wait a minute... You're.... Wolf?" she saidl.

She got excited, but then downcast when she couldn't remember anything else.
Julia
Julia
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  B-rad Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:29 am

"You remember me?" Wolf asked her, surprised at this. She seemed a little out of it so he propped her up on his shoulder and assisted her in getting out of the castle.

"Where are we going?" she asked, confused and weak.

"We're doing this my way now..." he replied, "that guy's the one that erased your memories...and we're headed back to Shihana for help..."

"My...memories...?" she asked again, seemingly catatonic.

Wolf stopped and helped her onto his back. She was even worse now than when they had left out. Instead of not remembering the past 24 hours, she had trouble remembering anything at all. "Don't worry...I'll find a way to get them back..." he said as he began their journey north to Everpece Harbour. There was a horse rental there if he remembered correctly. He just might be able to get a ride back to Rufturf and cut the time down to one day.
B-rad
B-rad
BrAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:34 am

Yuuki was sitting in the carriage with an unfocused look on her face. She was clinging to Wolf, which he found odd. She wasn't so clingy. She was usually violent and foul mouthed. What he found just as disturbing was the fact that she was so calm and docile. He felt a little unnerved by it.

"Wolf," she almost whispered. "What are we going to do once we get to Rufturf?" she asked.
Julia
Julia
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  B-rad Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:48 am

"We're going to go pay a visit to that fortune teller and ask her what the hell just happened." He said as the carriage bumped along down the road.

"Fortune...teller?" she said confusedly. It was clear to him now that this is what happened to her when he first ran into her back in town. She had already met Makoto over three days ago.

*But why...?* Wolf thought to himself, *He already had her...how did she manage to get loose from his control last time?*

The carriage arrived in Rufturf as the sun was setting. Wolf paid the driver what remained of his money, and the two left off into town. They'd find that two-bit psychic and show her what for.
B-rad
B-rad
BrAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:19 am

Yuuki continued to cling to Wolf as they walked through the town. When they reached the place, they found a different fortune teller.

"Is this the fortune teller?" Yuuki asked in her sweet innocent voice.

She was looking up at Wolf with her big green eyes.
Julia
Julia
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  B-rad Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:48 am

"Yeah...I'm the Fortune Teller" said the witch sitting in the chair. She was around 20-25 years old, with white hair and purple eyes.

"Do..." Wolf began.

"Do I have any co-workers?" she finished, "No, that other person you talked to was an imposter. Makoto, I'm sure you've already met him, managed to distract me from my job for a bit, and slipped in that replacement to trick you. He knew well of my power. But what he didn't know was that I'm not only good at seeing the future, I can view the past as well. I saw what they were up to once I got back. I killed that sorry excuse for an imposter shortly after I discovered their trickery, but Makoto was long gone. I'm sorry, but he's decieved you both."

Wolf raised an eyebrow while Yuuki stood there, even more confused than before.

"Shihana Village is by no means 'fine'." she said. Yuuki's eyes snapped open for a moment, as if she almost remembered something, but quickly shut back. The news upset her, but she wasn't sure why. "The village came under attack earlier this week by an unknown entity. The villagers were not harmed, however the individual attacking put on a violent show of force and decimated more than half of the town single-handed. Makoto was using the imposter to draw you both away from the truth and closer to him so that he could take control of Yuuki."

"Why does he want to control her?" Wolf demanded.

"Because she's the heir of the village..." the witch explained, "When Raizo, the chief of the village dies, she is next in line for the ruler's seat. Makoto wants this for himself. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what he is and how his powers work, but I'll need more time and experience with his magics."

"He has the ability to control the mind, erase memories, and to teleport." Wolf said. "That's all I know from first-hand experience against him. He's used his memory erasing skill on Yuuki twice. Now all she can remember is myself and her own name!"

"I may be able to find something out by reading her mind." said the Fortune Teller as she stood and walked over to Yuuki. Yuuki backed away at first, then stood still. The psychic touched her on the forhead with the palm of her hand, and both of their eyes glowed a bright shade of purple. "Her mind is very clouded...so many different paths here. There are memories of you floating freely in here however. Though it's like all her other memories are locked behind doors that she herself does not have the keys to." The glow faded as the two sepparated. "I felt his magic on each of those doors. I think I can come up with a way to counter it...or atleast a little...come back tomorrow." she said.
B-rad
B-rad
BrAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:33 am

Yuuki looked up at Wolf. She was confused completely now.

"What are we going to do until tomorrow?" she asked him.

She grabbed his arm and held on like she was doing before.

"I'm scared, Wolf," she said, burying her face in his arm.
Julia
Julia
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  B-rad Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:43 am

"It'll be alright Yuuki." he said in a quiet voice, "We'll get your memories back...that's a promise."

The two went to Genn's Mercinary shop to ask for a place to sleep. Karu, Akuin, and Gravv were all out on some mission somewhere, so their beds were open. They slept there for the night, and in the morning, they rose up, dressed, ate breakfast, and returned to the Fortune Teller.

"Good of you to return." the witch said, "It's fortunate that she's forgotten as much as she did. Had she realized what was said yesterday, she would have rushed back to her village in fear of it's safety. It's fortunate that you didn't. I've concocted a potion which stimulates the mind to unimaginable extremes for a few minutes. It should be enough to give her the inner strength to kick down those 'doors' I told you about yesterday."

The witch handed Yuuki the bottle of the vile smelling liquid, and Yuuki looked at her. "Seriously...?" she asked, raising an eyebrow, not even wanting to be holding the junk.

"If it's going to help you...don't you want to atleast try?" Wolf asked, pleading with her. She stared at it for a minute, it's brownish-green composition making her sick just by looking at it. Then sighed for an instant, and downed the vial. Though she tried to not let it, the tasted stuck to her tounge and reminded her of mayonase with sand in it. It was by far the nastiest thing she'd ever put in her mouth.

She stood there, mouth agape, nearly gagging on the strong taste of the stuff. She felt her muscles tighten, her mind began to clear, and a cerulean aura could be seen eminating from her body.

"Is it working?!" Wolf asked impatiently.

"Yes..." the witch said, "but for how long...I'm uncertain. It depends on how many doors she can break open before the potion wears off. She has to do as much as she can for now. I don't have the ingredients to make another one."
B-rad
B-rad
BrAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:11 am

Yuuki fell to her knees, her head in her hands. Inside her mind, she was able to kick down a few doors. There were a few she couldn't open, and she didn't know why. She opened her eyes and looked up at Wolf.

"Oh my God. Wolf, I attacked Shihana," she said, her eyes filling with tears. "How could I do that to my beloved village?"
Julia
Julia
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  B-rad Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:40 am

The glow was starting to fade from her body as she began to break down crying. "Don't you quit on me!" Wolf yelled at her, breaking her out of her tears. "The Yuuki I know isn't so weak as to lose hope over something like this! Find out what happened to make you do it! I belive in you, so stand up and search hard...find the answer!"

The look on her face went from one of dispair to determination. She rose to her feet, gathered her senses and the fading aura around her errupted with outward pressure. The power filled the room and her mind was clearing quicker now. How much she'd remember when she was all done would be up to how determined she was.
B-rad
B-rad
BrAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:51 am

No matter how much she tried, she couldn't remember who made her do it. No matter how hard she tried, the memory remained locked. As the light faded from her body, she looked over at Wolf.

"I couldn't figure out who made me do it. Though, I think it is Makoto," she said.

She seemed to be regaining a little bit of her old self, but she was still a little timid.

"Wolf, we need to Shihana right now! I need to see how badly I destroyed the village.
Julia
Julia
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  B-rad Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:07 am

"Makoto is formitable." the witch stated, "He will surely attempt to gain control of her once again...there is no doubt he'll be awaiting an opportunity to strike."

"Why are you helping us?" Wolf asked the woman.

"Because I'm responsible for you getting bad advice in the first place." she explained, "I shouldn't have left the shop unlocked. Besides...you're pretty cute..."
B-rad
B-rad
BrAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:17 am

Yuuki glared at the fortune teller.

"Wolf is MINE!" she said, grabbing his arm.

She threw some money down on the table and drug him out of the shop. She didn't let go of him as she pulled him through the town. They had to get a carriage to Shihana. She finally let go of him to climb into the carriage and as it took off, she looked out the window. She was lost in thought as they went along.
Julia
Julia
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  B-rad Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:26 am

Wolf didn't say a word except for mumbling the word "mine?" to himself for half an hour. The carriage belonged to a trader making his way through the forrest, heading towards the Arcane Democracy, so Wolf and Yuuki hopped off the carriage about half-way down the forrest's path, and split off from the main road to head off towards the village. 'What'd she mean by "mine"?' Wolf wondered to himself as they walked.

Soon, they arrived at the village gates, and Yuuki shuddered as she saw the devastated town and all of the people working and repairing the damage. Even though the attack had happened over four days earlier, the damage was severe.

"Did I...really do this?" she asked herself.

"We shouldn't talk aloud about that while we're out in the open." Wolf stated, "Let's go find your father and tell him what happened."
B-rad
B-rad
BrAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:45 pm

Yuuki nodded but didn't say a word. She led Wolf into her village past all the people working. As she passed people stopped and greeted her with a "Hello Yuuki-sama". Yuuki didn't reply. She didn't feel like she deserved being called "sama". She was lost in thought that she didn't see her best friend running toward her.

"Yuu-chan!" Satsuki yelled, running over to Yuuki and hugging her.

"Sa-Satsuki-chan?" Yuuki asked.

Satsuki let go of Yuuki and was staring at her with teary eyes.

"We have been so worried! We hadn't seen you since the attack! We thought something had happened to you!"

"I need to talk to my father," Yuuki said, extracting herself from Satsuki. "I promise I will talk to you later."

She forced a smile for her friend and walked away. Yuuki continued to led Wolf through her village until she reached her father's place. She pushed open the door, and ignoring Kanji and Yuuichi, she burst right into her father's study.

"Dad, we need to talk," Yuuki said, stopping in front of his desk.

Raizo looked up from his papers. He was surprised to see Yuuki, but remained sitting.

"About what, Yuuki? About how you were the one that attacked the village?" he asked.

"How did you know?" Yuuki asked, amazed.

"I taught you how to fight," Raizo said. "I think we need to punish you for your crimes."

Raizo stood and walked around the desk to Yuuki. Then he pulled his hand back and slapped her across the face and knocked her down.

"What were you thinking?" he asked her.

Yuuki sat up and put a hand to her cheek and didn't say anything.
Julia
Julia
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  B-rad Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:24 am

Wolf stepped in and immediately dealt a straight kick towards the Village Chief only to be stopped, then thrown into a wall by a mere flick of Raizo's wrist.

"You've no business between mine and my daughter's affairs boy!" Raizo said, turning again to Yuuki.

The hammer on Wolf's magnum clicked back audiably, stopping Raizo in his tracks and triggering Yuuichi and Kanji, Raizo's bodygaurds to prepare to kill Wolf from behind the wall. "Maybe not...but I feel that you should atleast hear what your own daughter has to say." Wolf proclaimed as he stared down the barrel of his gun, aimed directly at Raizo's head.

The chief let out two short coughs, signaling Yuuichi and Kanji to remain where they were, but not kill him.

"Very well..." said Raizo as he turned back towards Yuuki as Wolf lowered his pistol, "Tell me exactly why you felt it would be a 'good idea' to attack your own village..."

Last edited by B-rad on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
B-rad
B-rad
BrAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:52 am

Yuuki looked up at her father, tears filling her eyes.

"I didn't do it on purpose father. Seriously. Why would I want to attack my own village?" she asked from her spot on the floor.

"You tell me. You were the one that did it," he replied cooly.

She glanced over at Wolf, then back to her father.

"I was being controlled," she said. "Makoto has been controlling me. I almost killed Wolf," she said, standing.

"If that's true, then why did it take you so long to come back?" Raizo asked.

"I am missing part of memory. I just remembered this morning," she answered.

"Is this true, boy?" Raizo asked Wolf.

"Yes sir. It is. She found out yesterday that the village was attacked," Wolf said.

"From what I heard, I talked to an impostor fortune teller, and she told me that the village was safe, but when I came back, I found out that the village wasn't safe. I managed to unlock some of me memories from a few days ago. That's when I remembered that I was the one that attacked the village."

Raizo walked back around his desk and sat down.

"Why would he choose to control you though?" he asked.

"Because I am next in line to be Chief," Yuuki said.

"That makes sense I suppose," Raizo said. "I will still have to punish you though. Go say hi to your mom. I will send Kanji to fetch you when I come up with a proper punishment."

"Yes, Father," Yuuki said.

She bowed slightly and left the office, Wolf following her. When they reached outside, she disappeared and left Wolf alone. She wanted to go to the graveyard alone.
Julia
Julia
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  B-rad Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:58 am

As Yuuki disappeared from sight, Wolf let out a sigh. He didn't want her to be around when he resorted to this. He turned around, and re-entered the chief's office. Raizo looked up with an annoyed look on his face as Wolf enetered. "Now we need to talk old man..." Wolf said, folding his arms across his chest.

Kanji and Yuuichi turned in unison and prepared to utterly destroy the mercinary for speaking to their leader in such a way.

"Calm down boys." Raizo said cooly, dismissing the two of them with a wave of his hand. They nodded and left the room, each giving Wolf a death glare as they passed him on the way out. "What do you want boy?"

"I wish to discuss Yuuki's involvement in the attack." Wolf said, sitting on his knees, "And I want to know who this 'Makoto' is. You can say that it's none of my business all you want, but that's not going to make me walk away from this..."

Raizo sighed heavily, then spoke. "Makoto is an ex-elder of our village. He tried to claim chiefdom in this village before, though his mind-control only worked on...'innocent' girls you see?"

A sly look developed on Wolf's face, "By 'innocent' you mean a girl who hasn't--"

"-Precicely!" Raizo said, finishing the statement before Wolf could, "He attempted to gain control of my wife years ago, because my wife held such abilities that would make her a major threat to our village. However, Kyoko knew of his abilites, and when they were used on her, she only pretended to follow his instructions. Makoto didn't know that she...was no longer 'innocent' you see?"

"So...the reason that Makoto can control Yuuki is because she's still a-!" Wolf began to say, but was immediately smashed in the face by a hot cup of tea thrown by the chief.

"I believe my daughter's sanctity is of no concern of yours!" Raizo announced so loudly that Kanji and Yuuichi immediately wondered what the two of them were discussing. "Anyways, you now know what you're up against. Makoto's ability can also be inhibited by impure thoughts on the account of his victim."

"I see..." Wolf said, "That's why the spell was broken when I kissed her..."

There was a loud crash to be heard when these words were said. "YOU WHAT?!?!?" Raizo exploded in a rage. The table between the two shattered into hundreds of wooden splinters as the man's fists smashed into the table. Wolf immediately jumped to his feet and began to back away slowly. "I'll KILL you for this insult!"

Wolf ran from the chief's house as a thunderbolt followed, surging past him as he ducked for cover. He didn't want to fight against Raizo, not in the middle of a demolished quiet town like this. "Wait..." Wolf spoke, stopping Raizo, "Where is everyone...?" Raizo and Wolf looked around for a moment. The town had grown quiet, very quiet. Then Wolf realized that he had just left Yuuki alone. "The Graveyard!" he yelled to Raizo, who immediately took off toward the south of the town, Wolf close behind.
B-rad
B-rad
BrAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:18 am

Yuuki was kneeling in front of her mom's grave.

"Hey, Mom," Yuuki said, smiling sadly. "I'm sorry I attacked the village. I didn't mean to do that."

All of a sudden, she heard a voice. The voice was telling her to come to him. She stood and started to walk to the gate of the graveyard. As she walked through the gate, she passed Raizo and Wolf without realizing it.

"Yuuki? Where are you going?" Raizo asked.

Yuuki turned to look at Raizo and Wolf, her eyes were dull and lifeless once more.

"She's being controlled again!" Wolf said.

At that moment, Makoto appeared beside Yuuki, and this time her eyes stayed dull and lifeless. His power was stronger.

"Hello Raizo-sama. It's been awhile," he said.

"Makoto," Raizo growled. "Release my daughter from your cursed mind control NOW!"
Julia
Julia
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  B-rad Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:24 am

Wolf slowly began to circle off to the side off Yuuki and Makoto, hoping to surround the two between himself and Raizo, but Yuuki's eyes followed him with a killing intent locked on him. Those dull pupils of hers, unblinking as she left Makoto's side to rush Wolf. Her katana was unsheathed at this point, and she resorted to tossing a kunai his way. Wolf spun himself and managed to whip past the knife, and then raise his hand in time to block the incoming right-hook she had thrown at him. He stopped her hand with his, and stepped to the side slightly. Now he took initiative in the fact that she was still going forward, and he whipped her arm down and then behind her in an upward manner. He threw her arm straight upward and released it, bending her body forward, then tossing her to flip and land on her back. She was stunned for a moment, and sat up as the momentum from the flip was still active.

Wolf reached down and attempted to subdue her, but it was to no avail as she immediately did a reverse head-butt, and connected with his nose, sucessfully blinding him momentarily.

Raizo and Makoto stood there for a few moments as the younger ones fought it out, readying themselves, and attempting to find a weakness in their opponent's defence. Raizo gave in to anger and let loose the first attack, seemingly just by flicking his wrist, a wave of shuriken flew out at Makoto just as Raizo took off at an incredibly high speed, leaving only a blur of blue behind.

Makoto went airborne with a jump to the side, pulled a wakizashi from his cloak, and slashed at the place he would land. Raizo appeared as the slash registered, parrying the blade with a kunai of his own.

They sepparated as Raizo threw Makoto away from himself and slid back a few feet. "You haven't lost your touch old man..." Raizo smirked as he re-readied himself.

Makoto's eyes narrowed at the comment. "Though I may have lived much longer than even you, great Chief," he said, "you have NO right to call one such as myself, a being of eternal youth, old!"

Wolf managed to hear them through the ringing in his head as he retreated from Yuuki and her newly drawn sword that slashed through the air at him. He increased his adrenal output to around 60% to give him the ability to dodge her attacks, but his body was already strained from adrenaline-overdose, since he had been relying on it so heavily over the past few days. He didn't know how likely it was he'd be able to best Yuuki again, but he had to try, or she'd kill him for sure.

Wolf turned again, and faced her. He raised the output of adrenaline to 75% for a brief instant and dodged her sword by centimeters. She was open only for a brief moment, but it was enough for him. He went for the shoulder, the same one that had been injured by the bear earlier. His outstretched fingers, resembling a knife dug as deep as they could into the girls arm.

She screamed loudly, and her muscles spasmed from the impact, causing her to release her katana in mid-swing, throwing it away before she stumbled backwards.
B-rad
B-rad
BrAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:52 pm

The wound on her shoulder had opened up, and the red material of her vest was slowly turning dark from her blood. She glared at Wolf and pulled out one of her bladed fans.

Meanwhile, Raizo and Makoto were battling it out. Raizo pulled out a barrage of kunais, and after performing a set of seals, the kunai seemed to buzz with electricity. He threw the kunai and Makoto moved out of the way, but got hit with a few of them.

Yuuki saw Makoto get hit and forgetting Wolf, started to run to her master's side.

"Makoto-sama!" she screamed.

She dashed in front of him as Raizo let loose his electrically charged kunai barrage. She got hit in the back. Everything seemed to stop as Yuuki started to sway and she fell over onto her side and didn't move.

"Yuuki!" Raizo screamed. "You bastard! You will pay for hurting my daughter!"

Makoto chuckled softly.

"You were the one that hurt her. But, I have no use for her now. She is too injured, but I will be back for her."

With a swish of his cloak, he was gone.

"Yuuki!" Raizo yelled again, rushing over to his daughter.

He turned her over and shook her a little. When she didn't open her eyes, he looked over at Wolf.

"You carry her to the hospital. I need to form a squad to go looking for Makoto."
Julia
Julia
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum