Crossing Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules for RPing (Updated 16DEC2009)

Go down

Rules for RPing (Updated 16DEC2009) Empty Rules for RPing (Updated 16DEC2009)

Post  B-rad Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:31 am

First off...Create your character based on whatever your imagination can develop. There will be no God-characters, though going into OverPowered(OP)-mode is acceptable via request. You must request said OP-mode during each story. Or you must specify during character creation that you character will be cheap/OP so that we, as the moderators can have a little bit of heads up.

You are alloted 4 characters to play as, unless given permission to make more. Please refrain from making more than 4, as I have no idea how expansive this site is going to become in the future. The MODs and myself will probably have more than 4 characters, but that is because we have been working on a story-line for over 4 years, and without most of our characters, there wouldn't be a story, thanks for understanding.

Also...unless expressly given permission, there will be no PKing (player killing). You wouldn't like it if I decided to post "Admin reaches down from the clouds and smites your character into the next dimension with supah-doopah powers" would you? If permission is given to kill a character, atleast make said character's life end with a bit of flair (go out with a bang or something).

Reset Button: In the event players wish to discard the current thread, (as in a side-story filler in bleach, or like most of the dbz movies) players can use type the "Re-Set" command and go on in other forums like it never happened. (just type "Re-Set") This would be done if say a theoretical death-match or the destruction of a town that would be detrimental to future stories. This would be fixed by a "Re-Set".

Character Rip-offs: There will be no "Original" characters who are basically rip-offs of copyrighted characters from various series'. Say, you have a blonde haired guy with a head-band that can make a ball of destructive wind in his hand and shouts "Believe it!" alot...he's probably not getting accepted. I don't know every anime/movie/whatever out there, so some of you may be able to get past me on this, but I'm going to trust you guys to the honor system, and if any of you players see someone breaking this rule, bring it to my attention. I'll look into it personally and determine whether said character is a rip-off or not. Myself and the other MODS will hold a vote on it, and the outcome will determine the fate of the character.

Cameo Appearances: Seeming to contradict this rule, players can ask to make a cameo appearance by a famous Copyrighted character. These will be on special occasions however, and control of these Cam-Chars will not be given sole ownership by any 1 person. In order to use a Cameo Character, make a request via PM for it through myself or the MODs, once permission is given, post the Character Sheet under the "Cameo Appearances" in the RP section.

Affecting other players: You can attack other players as you see fit, or as necessary to defend yourself, however, if that player doesn't want to take damage, you can't necessarily "make" him/her take the damage. Likewise, if you don't take damage, EVER, people will call you cheap. So get over it, and start swinging!

Out of Character posts: Simply typing ((OOC: "your message here")) will be sufficient for posting out of character information.

Upgrades: Once your character sheet is accepted, it will be locked. However, over time, you may decide to have your character stumble upon new items/learn new skills/gain new powers/change affiliations. In the event this happens, request through any of the MODs, or myself, and we'll see what we can do about applying those said elements to your sheet. Note, you must write a description in a non-resetted story about how your character gained such powers and also explain them in your character sheet.

Joining a thread: You must have permission from the thread leader (person who started the thread) before you can join in. No one likes a party crasher.

If at all possible, plan your stories, and try to stay focused. Don't go looking for treasure in the woods when there's a dragon spewing fire out of his mouth towards you. (I've seen it happen before)

Story RP is for the users involved in the main story and or "Crossing Dreams Project". The RP is still readable, however, unless you want to be involved in the Crossing Dreams storyline, you cannot become a "Story Teller". You must prove yourself as a compitent RPer aswell as a compitent person before I give you that power. Character ACCEPTION will mean they are accepted for Limitless RP. Character ACCEPTION for Story RP gives them the right to post in the Story RP Section. Note that I am the only person who can give Story RP privilages.

Last edited by B-rad on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
B-rad
B-rad
BrAdmin

https://crossingdreams.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Rules for RPing (Updated 16DEC2009) Empty Re: Rules for RPing (Updated 16DEC2009)

Post  B-rad Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:06 am

Note the update to the rules, as of December 16th, 2009, due to the fact I actually thought things through, all members are now allowed a maximum of 4 characters unless given permission for more.
B-rad
B-rad
BrAdmin

https://crossingdreams.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down