Crossing Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Attack of the Zombie Penguins.

3 posters

Go down

The Attack of the Zombie Penguins. Empty The Attack of the Zombie Penguins.

Post  Julia Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:50 pm

I wrote this story back in my senior year of high school. It had to be Man Vs. Nature: Nature had to win. And since I like penguins, this seemed like a good story to write. My friend Eric helped me at first, but I wrote everything on my own. I got an A+ on it. My class LOVED it. Everybody else's was sad and depressing and mine was funny. Enjoy!

Rin looked out the window. She could see Antarctica. As the plane flew closer, little black dots appeared. Rin knew they were penguins. She and a group of people were doing a documentary on emperor penguins. The group included Rin, a Frenchman named Jacques, a blonde- haired young man named Brad, and a black- haired woman named Stephanie.

"Who is that?" Stephanie asked Rin. Rin looked at who Stephanie was pointing at.

"Umm, I have no clue," Rin replied.

"I am Jacques, I am from France," Jacques said.

Brad walked in. "What did he say?" Brad asked. The girls shrugged.

"I said 'I am Jacques, I am from France,'" Jacques said, again. The group just looked at him.

"We don't speak French, or is it German?" Rin looked confused.

"Maybe it is penguin," Brad said.

"Brad, you are stupid. It's not penguin, no one can speak penguin," Stephanie said.

"I can," Brad said.

"Then what did he say?" Rin asked.

“Something about his pants and fish. All penguins talk about fish," Brad said.12

"Stupid Americans," Jacques said.

"See, fish," Brad said.

"Shut up, Brad," Stephanie said.

"Make me," Brad yelled. They fought the rest of the way to the ground. When the plane landed, they climbed off the plane and started to unload their equipment. Brad pulled out the camera and made sure it still worked. After Brad made sure that the camera worked, they all put snowsuits, coats, hats and mittens, then headed out onto the frozen tundra. When they stepped outside, they all gasped by how cold it was. Rin pulled out her thermometer and looked at it.16

"It is below 30," Rin said.

The group headed toward the coast where the penguins were. As they walked, the snow crunched below them. After awhile, the two guys and two girls heard the squawking of the flightless birds mixed in with the wind. They reached a cliff and saw spread across the white, snow- covered, barren land little black dots waddling around. The group of four started to climb toward the penguins. Rin started to walk slowly toward the birds. When she was sure they wouldn't attack, she motioned for the others to follow her. Brad set up the camera and hooked a microphone to the camera. Then he handed the microphone to Stephanie. Then Stephanie stood in front of the camera and started to talk about the penguins.

"We are here in Antarctica where the penguins have just finished mating season. The males are keeping the eggs warm and.... What is that smell? It smells like eggs cooking," Stephanie said. Rin, Stephanie and Jacques looked around. They saw Brad sitting on the ground, frying up some eggs.

"Brad, where did you get those eggs?" Rin asked, fearing the answer.

"I found them on the ground, they are all over the place," Brad said.

"Brad, you idiot! Those are penguin eggs!" Stephanie yelled. Then all of a sudden, the penguins started to crowd around them. As the four watched, the penguins started to grow fangs and their black eyes turned red.

"What is going on?" Jacques asked, but the others paid no attention to him, mostly because they couldn't understand a word he was saying. A penguin lunged at Stephanie and started to attack her. The others ran through the wall of penguins and looked back and saw Stephanie being dragged away, a trail of blood behind her.

"Oh dang," Brad said, "I didn't even get her phone number." The penguins turned toward the other three and started chasing them.

"Why are they chasing us?" Brad asked, almost crying.

"It must be my perfume! It is 'Fish Fantasy'," Rin said.

"Stupid Americans and their fish smelling perfume,” Jacques said.

"This is no time to be talking about fish, little penguin boy," Brad said, tears now streaming down his face. They hid behind a rock. Jacques was babbling something in French, and of course, Brad and Rin had no idea what he was saying, so Rin sprayed him with her perfume and when they saw the penguins, they pushed him out and the penguins attacked Jacques. They watched in horror as Jacques was dragged away. Now, all that was left was Brad and Rin. The two started to run away from the horror of the evil penguins.

They fell down a snow bank and found themselves in a graveyard. This seemed to be the only place that wasn't covered in snow. The ground was covered in grass and the sky was green, instead of the usual light blue. They saw four tombstones, and all of them had their name on it. The tombstones on right after the other said "Rin", "Brad", "Stephanie", and "That French Guy". Brad walked in a little further and all of sudden, a beak and two flippers popped out the ground and attacked Brad. The beak sank deep into Brad's leg. He let out a cry of pain and other beaks and flippers popped out of the ground. Rin pulled Brad out of the graveyard and started to search through his bag for something to fight the penguins off. She found a gun and looked to see how many bullets there were. There was enough to shoot the penguins that were coming after them.

Rin started to shoot them. After she was finished, she realized she had one more bullet. She dragged Brad with her behind a little hill. Night had started to fall. Brad and Rin were gasping from all the running they had done.

"Rin," Brad said, "I need you to shoot me."

"Why?" Rin asked.

"Because if you don't, I will turn into a Were penguin. Rin, you need to shoot me. Please Rin, please," Brad said, pleading.

"But, Brad, I love you. I can't kill you," Rin said, tears streaming down her face.

"I love you, too. But you must, or I will end up killing you," Brad replied. Rin raised up the gun, but before she could pull the trigger, Brad turned into a Were penguin. She was in such a state of shock that she didn't think about pulling the trigger. Brad the Were penguin attacked and killed Rin. When Brad came to the next morning he saw Rin's bloody and mangled body. He let out a cry.

"I told her to kill me and she didn't do it. Hey a candy bar," Brad said, spotting the candy bar lying next to Rin. Brad picked up the candy bar and ate it.

"Wait a minute, penguins are allergic to chocolate." Brad then chocked and died. A few days later, Jacques was on a plane, flying home.

"Stupid Americans. They can't handle a few penguins. I wish I had spit on them,” Jacques said. He opened his bag to get a candy bar out, and there was a penguin. The last thing that Jacques saw was a penguin beak before he was thrown into eternal slumber.
Julia
Julia
Pro
Pro

http://www.myspace.com/bandgeekpenguin

Back to top Go down

The Attack of the Zombie Penguins. Empty Re: The Attack of the Zombie Penguins.

Post  B-rad Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:37 am

Again, I believe this is one of the MOST random stories I've ever read. Sadly, I've seen some anime that were supposed to be random not have this much randomness in them. Again, a good read, even if it's only for a few minutes, it's worth it just for the laugh.
B-rad
B-rad
BrAdmin

https://crossingdreams.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Karu T'saiga Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:10 am

"I told her to kill me and she didn't do it. Hey a candy bar,"

I lol'd XDD
Karu T'saiga
Karu T'saiga
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:13 am

I'm glad some people are enjoying my story. Even I laugh when I read it all over again. This was one of my favorites.
Julia
Julia
Pro
Pro

http://www.myspace.com/bandgeekpenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down